Sendmail Queue Groups.

Jim Barber jim.barber at ddihealth.com
Tue Nov 4 10:38:55 GMT 2008

Well I seem to have a work around...
I now have the following in my sendmail.mc file:

	define(`QUEUE_DIR', `/var/spool/mqueue')dnl
	QUEUE_GROUP(`mqueue', `Path=/var/spool/mqueue/incoming, Runners=0')dnl
	QUEUE_GROUP(`main', `Path=/var/spool/mqueue, Flags=f')dnl
	QUEUE_GROUP(`hourly', `Path=/var/spool/mqueue/hourly, Flags=f, Interval=1h')dnl

So now emails still come into the incoming queue.
But when processed, rather than dropping them into a main/ directory at the same level as all the other queues, they are put into the parent directory.

In MailScanner.conf I now have:

	Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue/incoming
	Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue

Obviously I also had to adjust my queue aging job to search for files in /var/spool/mqueue and move them to the hourly/ directory.

It would have been nice if I could have had the other directory structure though since it leads to a cleaner separation.

Regards,