users who get more than there share of spam

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed May 28 17:37:15 IST 2008

on 5-28-2008 9:11 AM John Baker spake the following:
> I just realized that this was not an appliance. I was confusing it with
> the Barracuda.
>
> So what is the real advantage with this? I mean, it looks like a slicked
> up version of the open source I already use. Are there particularly good
> custom rules sets?

It is like all the open source stuff, mixed with a case of RedBull and some
steroids! I'm not using it either, but the people that are have cut their
hardware in half. You can do with one server what you used to need 2 or 3 for.
You could probably run it on a retired P4 desktop with a gig of ram and 2
network interfaces. Maybe even 512 MB.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and