MailScanner dont send or recieve when MailWatch database is down

Meurlin Robert Robert.Meurlin at se.fujitsu.com
Mon May 26 14:17:16 IST 2008

Hello,

we had an incident over the weekend were our MailWatch table maillog
krasched (it was about 12 gb size of maillog)
so i hade to rebuild the index and so on. Now everything is working fine
but that's becouse the maillog database is up and running.

Anyway by the time it krasched no email from our two mail server
(sendmail/mailscanner/clamav)) couldnt send or retrive email, i havent
change anything in mailscanner.conf and can't find any dependencies that
it needs to have a maillog database that is up and running.

Does anyone have a tip were to change this?

Thanks.

Rob.