voot: email attachments from outlook user

Budi Febrianto bfebrian.mailscanner at gedubrak.com
Sat May 24 06:29:31 IST 2008

Dear all,

Sorry for this voot thread, but in these list are so many mail experts
that maybe able to help me.
I'm using lotus domino server as mail server, where clients using either
lotus notes client and outlook 2003.
In outlook, user able to attach another emails as attachment. Is it ok
when they sent the emails to another outlook users.
the problem is, when they sent the email to notes users, somehow the
lotus notes client (or domino server) convert the email attachment as
the body part. So with a glance, the notes user will not know that the
email actually attached.
I already post this question into lotus domino forum, but there is no
answer yet.

Is this email attachment in outlook actually eml file?
Because when I tried to forward the email to my gmail account, it will
show as 'noname'.

The plan is, I'll be using mailscanner as my hub server, where all
emails will be relayed, even for local one, primarily for virus checking.
Can mailscanner/sendmail detect this kind of attachment, and convert or
rename it as eml file? Lotus notes will not try to convert the eml file.

I'm using MailScanner 4.65.3 with Sendmail 8.13.8-2.el5.

Thanks in Advance.