HTML Footers and Outlook/Word 2003?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed May 21 18:03:11 IST 2008

on 5-21-2008 9:46 AM Paul Hutchings spake the following:
> Thanks Julian, tbh I wouldn't ask/expect you to change anything unless
> something was fundamentally broken, and in this instance it sounds like
> it isn't and it's just a combination of factors, Word being a major one
> of them.
>
> My main concern was that I was doing something dumb - just for
> confirmation here's the output of my html .sig file:
>
> <hr>
> Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England.<br>
> Registered in England and Wales No. 402570<br>
> VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96<br>
> The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use
> of the intended recipient.<br>
> If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify us
> either by e-mail, telephone or fax.<br>
> You should not copy, forward or otherwise disclose the content of the
> e-mail as this is prohibited.<br>
>
> Paul Hutchings
> Network Administrator, MIRA Ltd.
> Tel: 44 (0)24 7635 5378
> Fax: 44 (0)24 7635 8378
> mailto:paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk

I would add something like <p>-- <br> at the top line just to be courteous to
clients MUA's that will strip signatures on replies. But that is a personal
preference. It gets tiring to read through 25 copies of every ones disclaimers
and signatures to read some of the longer e-mail conversations I see.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and