Adding ASN info

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Wed May 21 17:08:28 IST 2008

On 5/21/2008 5:55 PM, Julian Field wrote:

> Alex Broens wrote:

>>> No success here.
>>> The ASN-plugin in spamassassin adds a header: X-Spam-ASN
>>> It does work for me with spamassassin -D but not in mailscanner.
>>> Should this work in mailscanner to add a header with a
>>> spamassassin-plugin?
>>
>> If you add the add_header directive and use SA to run regex against
>> it, it works, "virually", but MS won't write it in the msg because MS
>> doesn't know about these directives (and probably never will)
>>
>> Take in account that if you're boxes are hi traffic, this will slow
>> down your processing.
> It takes quite a bit of time to look it up, and adds *Very* little
> helpful information in working out the spaminess of the message. So I
> have no plans to add support for it as yet another special case.

Jules

the add_headers are of great use and can be used,  the fact that they're
not written makes it harder to catch patterns but they get hit if applied.

for example, adding :
add_header all Relays-External _RELAYSEXTERNAL_
add_header all Relays-Untrusted _RELAYSUNTRUSTED_

to local.cf triggers a bunch of rules.

many times you'll see the hits but wonder where they come from... and
that's what we miss if MS doesn't write them.

Not a real Prio, but it would be a *very_nice_to_have*

but what's more important, relax and let the Docs do the magic on your
body...

take care

Alex