All quiet?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed May 21 11:10:08 IST 2008

Thank you all for your very kind comments! They are much appreciated.

I haven't done any coding in the entire time I've been here, that's one
of the longest periods off I've had in years! :-)

And don't worry, I'm getting lots of rest, lying in bed all day emailing
and texting friends at home. I'm giving your random teenager a good run
for their money, I sent 30 texts yesterday, and have seen nearly 150
emails since I've been here.
I like to stay in touch :-)

Best regards,
Jules.

Joost Waversveld wrote:
> Just wanted to wish you all the best Julian.
>
> Take some rest when you need it.
>
> Best regards,
> Joost Waversveld
>
> Julian Field wrote:
>>

>> Steve Campbell wrote:

>>> Is there surgery involved? :-)
>> That's what the assessment is for. They are considering everything
>> from doing nothing, to replacing my entire intestines (small bowel)
>> and portal vein and liver. I only have about 20% of my liver left, my
>> kidneys have moved up into the space when the liver should be, and my
>> portal vein system doesn't exist at all.
>>
>> Look up "liver" on wikipedia and there are 2 pictures at the top of
>> the article, the lower one is the interesting one. The main bit of
>> the liver on the left of the picture is pretty much absent in me,
>> I've only got the little top bit in the middle of the picture.
>>
>> So one possibility is to replace the entire liver, portal vein and
>> small bowel (all 26 feet of it) with someone else's. So if you're
>> going to drive dangerously, please wear leathers and take a donor
>> card with you, some of us can use what's left :-) :-)
>>
>> We'll see over the next few weeks what they decide they want to do.
>> I'll let you know once I have a decision.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jules.
>>

>>> Steve Campbell
>>>>

>> Jules