All quiet?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 20 19:00:48 IST 2008

I've been absent from the list for a bit. I'm in hospital at the mo
having loads of tests done, so I'm taking a couple of weeks off from the
list while they do that.

Managed to hack together an internet connection at the hospital, despite
them blocking all non-web ports and running a Websense box looking for
HTTP traffic on everything else. Fortunately, like good little
sys-admins, they left 22 open for their own benefit. Oh, what a mistake :-)
I've now got SMTP running over 443, and full unrestricted web access
tunneled over SSH on 22. Amazing what you can do with an SMTP server and
a squid at work :-)

Jules.

Jason Ede wrote:
> Is there a problem on this as I've had nothing from the list since
> saturday, or has everyone just had a weekend off?
>
> Jason

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng