MailScanner & CentOS5/Sendmail

Henry Kwan lists at designmedia.com
Fri May 16 01:41:25 IST 2008

After setting up a gateway using CentOS5 & postfix, I'm attempting to set one up
using sendmail to see which MTA I want to use.

But I'm having a bit of problem with file permissions.  If I set
mqueue/mqueue.in to root.bin & 750 as recommended by the MailScanner page
(http://www.mailscanner.info/sendmail.html), I end up with a ton of "Cannot cd
to dir /var/spool/mqueue.in to read messages, Permission denied" error messages.

If I chown both folders to mail.mail, MailScanner will stop complaining but then
when I send a test message to myself, I get a "sendmail[5777]: m4G0Wf7t005777:
SYSERR(root): collect: Cannot write ./dfm4G0Wf7t005777 (bfcommit, uid=0,
gid=51): Permission denied" error.

So what ownership and file permissions should mqueue/mqueue.in have?

Thanks.