Will Watermarking Stop Backscatter?

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Tue May 13 11:12:15 IST 2008

> Backscatter is becoming a real nuisance here. Can I stop it with
> MailScanner? I did a "backscatter" search on the MS wiki but that
> yielded nothing. How are all of you dealing with backscatter?

How about taking the easier way and simply reconfigure your front-end
and back-end servers to not accept any unknown recipients?

For Postfix, simply add LDAP queries (I can help you with them, if you
are e.g. using AD) - a matter of 5 minutes.
For Sendmail I've been told it's also relatively easy ;)

For Exchange, this is just one click away (google helps here).

Cheers,
Ronny