MS+Postfix, Selective HOLD

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Thu May 8 14:12:27 IST 2008

So, if I were, for example, to use your rule file e.g.
/etc/postfix/MailScanner

#	These senders will not be scanned with MailScanner
/^bypass at example\.org$/			OK
#       Everyone else will go through MailScanner!
/.*/                                    HOLD
/^$/                                    HOLD

But in the context of

smtpd_sender_restrictions =
	some_options,
	check_sender_access regexp:/etc/postfix/MailScanner

That will have the desired effect.

Could you whitelist both senders & recipients this way, or would it hit
the HOLD action in either ruleset to pass via MS?

Regards

Stef
Stefan Morrell          | Operations Director
Tel: 0845 3452820       | Alpha Omega Computers Ltd
Fax: 0845 3452830       | Incorporating Level 5 Internet
stef at aoc-uk.com         | stef at l5net.net

Alpha Omega Computers Ltd, Unit 57, BBTC, Grange Road, Batley, WF17 6ER.
Registered in England No. 3867142.  VAT No. GB734421454