unable to process certain attachments

Dominik L. Borkowski dom at vbi.vt.edu
Tue May 6 18:41:34 IST 2008

On Tuesday 06 May 2008 11:47:13 Julian Field wrote:

> Download the very latest version of 4.69.9-3 and you will find this
> problem has gone away.

Yep, that fixed it. Thank you for the prompt response.

> A docx file is actually a zip file containing all the bits that make up
> the document, so MailScanner has unpacked it like any other zip file.
> All the OleNative files are the embedded files extracted from the OLE
> document structure which can be used in there.

That would explain it, we actually assumed it was a regular .doc file based on
the extension, rather than further analysis.

Thanks again,
sincerely
--
Dominik L. Borkowski - Senior Systems Administrator
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute - www.vbi.vt.edu