High Scoring Spam quarantine directory

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 10:50:57 IST 2008

Hi Jules,

--- Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Michael Mansour wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to separate the quarantined spam
> directory
> > for "normal" spam and high scoring spam ie. the
> > directory:
> >
> > /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/<date>/spam
> >
> > which contains both normal spam and high scoring
> spam.
> > I'd like to put the high scoring spam in an area
> of
> > it's own.
> >
> > Which is the best way to do this? or should I just
> use
> > a default rule to forward all high scoring spam an
> > another email address or "archive" for processing.
> >
> With the latest stable version, you can store
> different levels of spam
> in any arbitrary directory you like. Check out the
> new comments just
> about "Spam Actions" in MailScanner.conf.

I read this bit:

#    store-<directory-path>  - store the message in
the <directory-path>

as meaning I can specify:

FromOrTo:       default
store-/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/<date>/highscoringspam/

??

I also use MailWatch, so am wondering how this new
path would impact MailWatch's link on the bottom of
its Message Detail view?

Thanks.

Michael.

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail