SMTP AUTH and no Scanning

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at irc-addicts.de
Sat Mar 29 21:38:54 GMT 2008

Hi there,

> I have been thinking about this myself. One of the requirements would be
> ~ proper control on your users and another one would be to require TLS so
> this information does not go out in the clear.
>
> I have not yet taken time to investigate enough to see if I can make it
> work.

thats all done on my server.
I am running a server with up to 10 Users. Those users do login with SMTP
Auth and this with tls. But, as they are using some dynamic ips, it could
happen that their mail got blocked due to spamassassin and the different
scan-tests i am running. I am not into running a rule with "from xy at dc.de
yes" for no scanning or whitelisting, as i think it should be possible to
get the server to accept their mails.

But, when it is getting blocked and they have to login into the
MailWatch-Webinterface to release their mails, they are asking why the
heck the had to change the whole system, as it is not getting better..

Ok, if i tell them, due to greylisting pop-before-smtp is no option, the
do calm down a bit..but not for long..

So, any kind of help would be really great

Thanks in advance..

Marcel