Mailscanner acts crazy since yesterday

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Mar 28 23:16:14 GMT 2008

on 3-27-2008 6:05 PM Alessandro Dentella spake the following:
>>   The next morning, I'm wondering if it's linked or not to my previous action, but ALL emails with a score
>> inferior at 0 is marked as spam! I have double check the conf, I can figure out what changed. I have a backup
>> of the September 2007 conf file, everywhere is pretty similar (score and high score is set to 3,1 and 5,0)
>>
>>   Have you seen that before? Any clue to fix that? I even restarted the machine, nothing change. Help me out
>> please, I'm screwed :-/
>
> This has been discussed in the last few days several times. Search for
> mailscanner marking as spam. The issue is you are using ORDB ad rbl:
>
> http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/03/25/2124224
>
> Remove ORDB from 'Spam List' in mailscanner.conf and any place where you
> defined rbl.
>

> *;-)
This just reinforces my previous statement that many people don't even pay
attention to this list unless they have a problem.

<Sysop hastily climbs on soap box and begins rant>

Come on people! Pay attention! There is a lot of good stuff pouring from some
of the fine minds on this list.
Look.
Listen.
Pay attention.
You will be a better admin for your users, and your job will be easier.
You might even catch problems and fix them BEFORE the boss is calling you!

Then when you have these super skills, you can give back by helping with some
of the questions and leave more time for Julian and the many other
contributors to sharpen MailScanner to an even finer edge!!!

</rant>

Have a great weekend people!!!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...