mail from mindspring

Mogens Melander mogens at fumlersoft.dk
Fri Mar 28 18:36:54 GMT 2008

On Thu, March 27, 2008 11:52, Ronny T. Lampert wrote:
>> I would think that messages marked as spam, should not trigger a responce
>> to sender, who is 99% shure faked, even when config is to notice sender
>> about unwanted attachments.
>>
>> Is there a config combination that would keep MS from doing this ?
>
> Yes. What you see is a "bad attachment" informational mail.
> You can turn it off via the following options in MailScanner.conf

Yes, i do realize that, but i think there must be a way to avoid sending
notice to senders who already scored 14+ in spamcheck.

Maybe a ruleset/custom function checking /etc/mail/access (Help needed ;^)
to catch the ERROR:"550 Reject : mindspring.com - Spam source"

I need the notice for legitimate senders, who frequently send weird stuff
to "my" local users.

My current Notify config is as follow:

Notify Senders = yes
Notify Senders Of Viruses = no
Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes = yes
Notify Senders Of Blocked Size Attachments = yes
Notify Senders Of Other Blocked Content = yes
Never Notify Senders Of Precedence = list bulk

--
Later

Mogens Melander
+45 40 85 71 38