reject

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at irc-addicts.de
Fri Mar 28 16:25:14 GMT 2008

Hi Jan,

> Using mailscanner I can delete, store, forward spammail, but Im missing
> the "reject"? Is this not possible or am I simply misreading the docs
> :-)

as the others stated before, this is only possible directly at the mta.
Now, you could go and check Mails via different lists directly at the mta
and block them, but this leaves me somekind of headache.

See, for example you are using ordb. :) all the incoming mails would get
blocked now directly at the mta and the users wouldn't even notice it.

As i think how we could help the user and let them decide if they want the
mail or not i try not to block via external hosted blacklists, but i do
create my own.

Therefore the Script ViSPAN is a really great help.
It checks the Maillog and the output generated by mailscanner.
Then it blocks IPs if they send x spam/virus-mails within y hour.

As you can config this script almost into everything, you can check out
which ips should never get blocked, or you can also receive an email after
an ip is blocked.

Whats also a nice goody is the Graphics-Function, as it generates a
webpage where you can see how many mails got through, how many where spam
(or high-scoring-spam) etc.

I am using this script and i must say, i am almost happy with it. Some
things do bug me, but these thinks are minor flaws, as the script does
what it should do.

You can find it here:

http://www.while.org.uk/content/view/9/5/

Greetings,