Delete email starting with mail@, uucp@

Greg Matthews gmatt at nerc.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 10:14:42 GMT 2008

David Jourard wrote:

> That seems to work.
>
>> Easy enough to test. Try
>>    sendmail -bv info at clientdomain.com
>> and see what it says it will do with it. If it looks like it's going
>> to try to deliver it, then do a quick
>>    service MailScanner restart
>> I don't *think* you need to, but someone will surely correct me if I'm
>> wrong.
>
> Further question.  When I run sendmail -bv info at clientdomain.com
>
> info at clientdomain.com... deliverable: mailer local, user info
>
> What does this mean if its says deliverable yet I'm not getting these
> emails anymore

sendmail -bv does not check the recipient address against your access.db
To to that, try the following:

# sendmail -bt
ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>
 > check_rcpt <uucp at my.domain>
...lots of output...
D                returns: < REJECT > < >
SearchList       returns: < REJECT >
SearchList       returns: < REJECT >
Rcpt_ok          returns: $# error $@ 5 . 2 . 1 $: "550 Mailbox disabled
for this recipient"
Basic_check_rcpt returns: $# error $@ 5 . 2 . 1 $: "550 Mailbox disabled
for this recipient"
check_rcpt       returns: $# error $@ 5 . 2 . 1 $: "550 Mailbox disabled
for this recipient"

alternatively, use telnet to fake an SMTP connection to your server.

GREG

--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445
Head of UNIX/Linux, iTSS Wallingford