Delete email starting with mail@, uucp@

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Thu Mar 27 19:45:12 GMT 2008

David Jourard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded MailScanner from an older version I had running.
>
> I had a bunch of rules I setup  in spam.blacklist.rules
>
> Example:
>
> FromOrTo: root at clientdomain.com yes
> FromOrTo: mail at clientdomain.com yes
> FromOrTo: uucp at clientdomain.com yes
> FromOrTo: info at clientdomain.com yes
>
> They were being deleted.
>
> They are now getting delivered.
>
> What parameters do I need to set so that they get deleted.

Any reason you're doing this at the MailScanner layer?

If you're just going to delete it, save your network the bandwidth of receiving
it and just 550 it at the MTA layer.

For example, in sendmail you'd edit /etc/mail/access and add:
root at clientdomain.com  REJECT
mail at clientdomain.com  REJECT
uucp at clientdomain.com  REJECT
info at clientdomain.com  REJECT

Then run make in /etc/mail/ directory to rebuild access.db from the access text
file.

Poof, no more mail to or from that address will ever be accepted by your MTA.