MailScanner not delivering messages

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:31:17 GMT 2008

On 26/03/2008, Tim Wolak <twolak at sktydev.com> wrote:
> Thanks Scott, yes I did follow that document.  There are 34 messages in
>  total some in the hold queue and some in the /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
>  dir.  Not sure why they are not leaving the hold queue....

If they are in the incoming queue and not leaving that, you should ask
yourself why not.... Before concentrating on the hold queue.
I saw in your reply to Gerard that you seem to have some typos
somewhere in your config (alias file name, localhsot (or similar) in a
Recieved line etc), so perhaps you should go through your config
_very_ carefully and try deduce what is happening.
I suspect we're only seeing the "info" level syslog entries, not the
"warning" and "error" ones... Do you employ split logging for mail? If
so, could you check the other files (mail.err, mail.warn or similar...
Check your syslogd setup for details;-)? Anything useful there?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn