Problem with Max SpamAssassin Size = ... trackback

Lukas Garberg lukas at spritelink.net
Thu Mar 27 01:09:13 GMT 2008

Hi list,

I'm running a spam filter gateway using postfix 2.4.6, MailScanner 4.66.5
and SpamAssassin 3.2.4.

I have a problem using the trackback feature of the Max SpamAssassin Size
configuration directive. I had it set to "100k trackback", but soon
noticed alot
of short spam not being caught by SpamAssassin.

The messages were all on the form one line of text, one empty line and then
two lines of text containing one URL, with a large margin below 100kb.
Using the trackback option it seems as the last two lines of the messages
(up to the empty line) are removed before the message is passed to
SpamAssassin, which then fails to identify the message as spam. Most other
 mail seems to have an empty line at the end, but some spam I receive
does not.

I peeked into PFDiskStore.pm, and to me it looks like the trackback feature
is used no matter what size the message is of.

Is this the desired behavior?

/Lukas