MailScanner not delivering messages

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 26 21:55:39 GMT 2008

Tim Wolak wrote:
> K I get the point after the last few messages and have shut off amavis.  So
> I still have the same problem.  When I enter test messages via telnet as
> this machine is in testing to replace the old one.  When the messages are
> processed postfix picks it up and puts it in the hold queue, then
> MailScanner says new batch 34 waiting and scanns one and that is it....

That means 33 of them weren't complete messages ready for scanning.
> Nothing so all these messages are just sitting there...

They are still being delivered to the system, or were incomplete
messages never fully delivered. You may find they are actually very old.
How many messages did you telnet in to the system completely? It should
scan that number in total.
> Tim
>

> On 3/26/08 2:49 PM, "Glenn Steen" <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 26/03/2008, Tim Wolak <twolak at sktydev.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I was trying to think multi layer, is it not good to run mailscanner and
>>>  amavis together?
>>>
>> I think you are the first one with the cycles to burn;-).
>> There are also the .... political.... issues to consider:-).
>>
>> It shouldn't matter much, apart from it being a bit strange as setups
>> go... As with any such setup, the smtp will look local, but ...
>> shouldn't matter.
>> You put the messages back into the correct incoming queue?
>>
>> Any milter? It doesn't look that way, but it can't hurt asking:-).
>>
>> Any other indicators? What does a ps listing ("ps -ef |grep
>> MailScanner") show the children doing?
>>
>> Cheers
>> -- Glenn

>>> Tim Wolak
>>>  SKTY Trading LLC
>>>  Network Administrator
>>>  312.985.5096 x212
>>>  773.954.0869
>>>

>>>  --
>>>
>>>  Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting
>>>
>>>  Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
>>>

> Tim Wolak
> SKTY Trading LLC
> Network Administrator
> 312.985.5096 x212