MailScanner not delivering messages

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Mar 26 19:40:59 GMT 2008

on 3-26-2008 11:21 AM Tim Wolak spake the following:
> I was trying to think multi layer, is it not good to run mailscanner and
> amavis together?

I would think that since they basically are different ways to do the same
thing, one of them would have nothing to do.

MailScanner was designed by Julian to overcome the serial nature of most of
the other solutions like amavis. I ran amavis back in the RedHat 6 days, and
think MailScanner is by far way ahead. You can move a larger volume of mail
because of the parallel processing tasks that get done in MailScanner.
There are MailScanner boxes that process 2 million messages a day. I don't
think amavis could keep up with that load.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and