MS 4.67.6 + SA3.2.4 + Pyzor/DCC

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Mar 25 22:57:52 GMT 2008

on 3-25-2008 3:02 PM Ade Fewings spake the following:
>> Are you running the alternate pyzor server?
>>
>> 82.94.255.100:24441
>>

> Yes, that's the server that i'm using.
>
> The thing I can't understand is why it all works fine (DCC & Pyzor) if I
> call MailScanner --debug but letting check_mailscanner start the daemon
> processes brings the problem forth.
>
> So, I suppose - what's the difference between the way SpamAssassin is
> called when MS is in debug to that when it's not?
>
> Thanks for your efforts
> ~

When you are trying your MailScanner debug, you are probably root. But when it
is called by mailscanner and postfix, it gets called as the postfix user.

Now try and run the debug as the postfix user.
"su - postfix -c /bin/bash" if I remember correctly will give you a shell
under the postfix user.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and