Spam Assasin Timeouts

Mogens Melander mogens at fumlersoft.dk
Tue Mar 25 13:11:29 GMT 2008

On Tue, March 25, 2008 12:36, Julian Field wrote:

> Mogens Melander wrote:

>> Cool, running `spamassassin -D < message` was quite educational. No timeout's,
>> but i spotted a few other issues. DCC using dccproc instead of dccifd socket,
>> sa-update seems to forget to compile rules ( must i do that "by hand"? ).
>>
> It should do it automatically, but you may have something missing from
> your system. Run sa-compile once by hand to see what happens.

Running sa-compile (by hand) goes smooth, no hickups.

Running spamassassin -D < message the same. I notice that i now got following:

[3396] dbg: zoom: loading compiled ruleset from /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled/3.002004
[3396] dbg: zoom: using compiled ruleset
  in /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled/3.002004/Mail/SpamAssassin/CompiledRegexps/body_0.pm
  for Mail::SpamAssassin::CompiledRegexps::body_0
[3396] dbg: zoom: able to use 340/340 'body_0' compiled rules (100%)

So far, so good ( No timeout's on "Mar 25").

Argh, Auch (slapping myself across the face) I got an old sa-update in crontab.

Running `/opt/MailScanner/bin/update_spamassassin` instead fixed that issue.

Thanks all for your time.

--
Later

Mogens Melander