Postfix 2.5 with MailScanner?

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Mar 23 20:31:13 GMT 2008

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:28:44 +0100
"Glenn Steen" <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:

> So you're skipping 2.5 altogether? I *might* be able tosqueeze this
> in, but ... far from sure:-(. Would be great if someone already had
> tried it all:-).

Actually, I am setting up a small system to test various software.
Since Postfix-2.5.x is all ready released as a stable product, testing
it in various configurations and against different software would seem
like a waste of time.

I do know that Postfix made several changes to it's 'milter' support in
the 2.5.x' release. Not sure about the other stuff though. It is a well
known fact that Wietse Venema wants his program to be accessed via
standard SMTP and other documented protocols. Maybe he is atempting to
enforce that behavior. That would only be a guess. More than likely,
the changes he made in the final 2.5.x release simply caused
unintentional problems with MailScanner.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

The problem with this country is that there is no death penalty
for incompetence.