Installation order

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 19 22:11:02 GMT 2008

One more thing.
Back last July, I wrote a HOWTO on the subject of good extra rulesets to
add to a basic SpamAssassin installation. I still install pretty much
the same set on installations I do for people now. It works very well,
and noticeably improves the performance of SpamAssassin as far as its
detection rate goes.

Look in the mailing list archives for a message from me with "HOWTO" in
the Subject line, posted July 2007.

You might find it helps.
I've done a few hundred installations...

Jules.

adam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to install MailScanner on CentOS 5.1, but after a couple of
> attempts I'm confused about what order I should be installing in.
>
> I assumed that the best approach would be Razor & DCC, then SpamAssassin
> and Clam from the developer's packages, then MailScanner rpms. The
> messages output by MailScanner and the SA set seem to conflict though.
>
> Additionally, it looks like when you yum update CentOS 5.1 some of the
> perl module packages are removed as they've been incorporated into the
> main perl packages, which confuses the MailScanner installer!
>
> Little help please? :)
>
> Thanks,
> adam

Jules