Installation order

Adam Gross agross at gcpsite.com
Wed Mar 19 21:41:02 GMT 2008

The order you mention is the order I install everything on my boxes.
For best results I recommend installing SpamAssassin using cpan.  I
don't use CentOS so I don't know that it has cpan, but I can't imagine
that it wouldn't.

#cpan
Install Mail::SpamAssassin

So far as doing distro upgrades after installation, I personally
recommend against it simply because it's a 50/50 shot as to whether or
not something that gets installed will break MailScanner.  Also -- "If
it ain't broke, don't fix it."  MS takes care of its own dependencies
during installation, so worst case scenario of a yum upgrade breaking
it, just re-run the installer and it'll fix whatever yum breaks.

-Adam