corrupt zip files

Wayne wayne at nightsol.net
Wed Mar 19 13:01:00 GMT 2008

Hi Guys,

We have another site which is using software based on JavaMail to send some
emails to us.
But when an attached zip gets passed through MailScanner it wont open.
When it goes through another server which does not use MailScanner it is
fine.
Out MTA is postfix and AV is clamav.

Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this or how to get around
it?

When I try to unzip an attachment that comes through MailScanner I get the
following:
# unzip Test.zip
Archive:  Test.zip
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of Test.zip or
        Test.zip.zip, and cannot find Test.zip.ZIP, period.

TIA,
 Wayne