getting Mailscanner to work with Mailwatch/Postfix

John Baker johnnyb at marlboro.edu
Tue Mar 18 19:25:39 GMT 2008

Yeah, I'm seeing what happened here now. I didn't differentiate between
the permissions on the directories and those on the files and did a mass
chmod -R 660 on the quarantine directory. The default for the quarantine
directory appears to be 751 but the subdirectories are 700 while the
files get written as whatever is in the Mailscanner.conf.

It looks like the solution is to share group ownership with www-data and
give the directories 770 permission.

Can anyone explain what decides the subdirectory permissions when new
ones are created?  The only worry I have now is that the new one
tomorrow and its subdirectories are still written to 700 rather than the
770 that I changed the rest to.

Thanks

--
John Baker