getting Mailscanner to work with Mailwatch/Postfix

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 21:22:11 GMT 2008

On 17/03/2008, John Baker <johnnyb at marlboro.edu> wrote:
> I did indeed forget that you need to execute bit on for a process to
>  create a directory. Hey, its been a while since Unix 101. :)
:-)

>  But the source of confusion here for me as much as the Mailwatch wiki
>  ,which I did take the directions from, is that the default
>  Mailscanner.conf file has Quarantine Permissions = 0600 leading one to
>  believe that the execute bit is not necessary. This is in the
>  Mailscanner book as well.
But the line is correct for the files created.... IIRC (been a while
since I looked) any needed execute bits are added as needed for
created directories... I might be wrong, but I don't think so:-)

>  What is the function of this line in the file? It seems to be ignored by
>    the actual process.
Definitely not ignored, no.

Anyway, AFAIU you have all your problems resolved now, right?
All chugging along nicely...?

Cheers
-- Glenn