MailScanner: extracting attachments

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Mar 16 22:37:53 GMT 2008

Julian Field wrote:

| I've just spent the last 3 hours or so trying to implement this :-(
| Because of the fact that I read the configuration template data from a
| Perl source file itself, I can't read it in twice, I can't rewind the
| filehandle as Perl won't let me.
|
| So, at the moment, no can do. Sorry.
|
| It is surely good practice to do a "MailScanner --lint" after changing
| stuff anyway, isn't it?

Is there short way to check the config and use it in the init script? I
think that would much easier to to. If I read this right then Nagios
does a similar thing.

Thi is how Nagios defines the start procedure:

~        start)
~                echo -n "Starting nagios:"
~                $NagiosBin -v $NagiosCfgFile > /dev/null 2>&1;
~                if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
~                        su - $NagiosUser -c "touch
$NagiosVarDir/nagios.log $NagiosRetentionFile"
~                        rm -f $NagiosCommandFile
~                        touch $NagiosRunFile
~                        chown $NagiosUser:$NagiosGroup $NagiosRunFile
~                        $NagiosBin -d $NagiosCfgFile
~                        if [ -d $NagiosLockDir ]; then touch
$NagiosLockDir/$NagiosLockFile; fi
~                        echo " done."
~                        exit 0
~                else
~                        echo "CONFIG ERROR!  Start aborted.  Check your
Nagios configuration."
~                        exit 1
~                fi

That way if you make an error you will notice it and it will not start
Nagios.

Hugo.

- --