MailScanner: extracting attachments

Rob Kettle rob at kettle.org.uk
Sat Mar 15 07:35:24 GMT 2008

I had this when 4.67 came out and only thing I could do was remove
MailScanner and run setup from scratch. I had to manually then add my
settings to the mailscanner.conf file.

In my case it was some corruption/bad settings in mailscanner.conf that
was the issue as if I re-used the previous  or upgraded mailscanner.conf
then I had the problem but with a clean, brand new mailscanner.conf
everything was fine.

Devon Harding wrote:
> I noticed that if I set "Scan Messages = no"  in
> /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf, messages start to flow, but the
> process still goes to 100% with 'extracting attachments'
>
> Any more help would be appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Devon

> believed to be clean.