Razor via RPM?

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 14:32:48 GMT 2008

System: fresh install a few weeks ago:
o Centos 5, Intel
o MailScanner-4.66.5-3.rpm.tar.gz
o install-Clam-0.92-SA-3.2.4.tar.gz

I have successfully installed DCC and Pyzor from public RPMs, but am
having trouble with Razor from Dag Wieers rpm:

   # rpm -Uvh /tmp/perl-Razor-Agent-2.84-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm /tmp/razor-agents-2.84-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
   warning: /tmp/perl-Razor-Agent-2.84-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 6b8d79e6
   error: Failed dependencies:
           perl(Digest::SHA1) is needed by perl-Razor-Agent-2.84-1.el5.rf.i386
           perl(Net::DNS) is needed by perl-Razor-Agent-2.84-1.el5.rf.i386
   #

The perl installation includes the modules Digest::SHA1 and Net::DNS,
because they were added by the Clam/SA package.  (And I can see the files
under "/usr/lib".)  But it seems that rpm doesn't know about them, because
the Clam/SA package does them via tar rather than via rpm.

("rpm -qa" finds lots of "perl-Foo-*" things, including modules
originating from MS/rpm, but not modules from Clam+SA/tar.)

Julian: if the above diagnosis is correct, would it be possible to have
the Clam/SA package install its perl sub-packages via RPM rather than via
tar (on rpm-based machines)?  This is the missing link in a clean
automated download/build for RPM-based systems.  How does that sound?

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:  UNIX Team Leader                         Durham University     :
:                                           South Road            :
:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/t.d.lee/            Durham DH1 3LE        :