Problems in write maillog to SQL

tlum mailscanner.info at tedworld.com
Thu Mar 13 15:59:07 GMT 2008

When MailScanner starts up you should see message similar to following
in maillog:

Mar 13 11:22:25 ms1srvp01 MailScanner[23349]: Started SQL Logging child

When mail is received you should see message similar to following in
maillog:

Mar 13 11:22:47 ms1srvp01 MailScanner[23336]: Logging message
4A8CC900F9.7D18D to SQL
Mar 13 11:22:47 ms1srvp01 MailScanner[23338]: 4A8CC900F9.7D18D: Logged
to MailWatch SQL

If you don't see the first one then custom logging is not being
registered. If you don't see the second then there is a problem with
"Always Looked Up Last = &MailWatchLogging" in MailScanner.conf.

Probably the most common reason is not connecting to the database for
some reason... missing perl module, wrong credentials (bad connect
strings), wrong permissions, etc.

Bernardo Goulart de Faria wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have one MailServer using Fedora 7 (2.6.21-1.3194.fc7) i686 i386
> GNU/Linux + Postfix 2.5.1 + MailScanner 4.66.5-3 + MYSQL Ver 14.12
> Distrib 5.0.45 + mailwatch-1.0.4 + PHP 5.2.4.
>
> I followed the guide instructions for the site. On file header_check
> of postfix, I put / ^ Received: / HOLD, set all permissions in
> /var/postfix and /var/MailScanner. I installed the MailWatch and
> changed information, User and Password in MailWatch.pm and
> SQLBlacklist.pm, moved to
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/.
> Start the MailScanner and everything works normally, but the messages
> are not recorded in the table in MySQL maillog. The permissions of
> GRANT in the bank also has been set.
>
> Tanks!
> Faria, Bernardo

> Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail
> <http://br.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/mail/*http://br.mail.yahoo.com/>,
> o único sem limite de espaço para armazenamento!
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.