Spam with random letter sequences

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Wed Mar 12 16:34:35 GMT 2008

 I would think you are seeing the results of the hotmail/live/yahoo/gmail
captchas being cracked over the last few months. I get tons of stuff in from
valid yahoo/hotmail accounts but so far they have been quite easy to block
and the urls contained within seem to show up on the url black lists within
24 hrs anyway. One I constantly see is To: OneRandomLetter
<someone at hotmail.com> with the to envelope being a valid local email
address. The subject is hi/hello/good day and the body has nothing but a
url. It comes straight from legit yahoo mail servers. We are really
beginning to pay for these "free" email accounts.

Rick

believed to be clean.