no loaded plugin implements 'check_main'

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 09:45:09 GMT 2008

On 12/03/2008, Allen Jiang <allenjiang at clicktosee.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  When i run "MailScanner -debug", i got a wrong
>
>  In Debugging mode, not forking...
>  Trying to setlogsock(unix)
>  SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
>  check: no loaded plugin implements 'check_main': cannot scan! at
>  /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 164.
>
>  I have google it, but not resolved. Anyone can help me?
>  Thank you!

(snip)
You cannot have searched the list archives, that is for sure:-).

This excerpt is from a mail conversation quite a while back, where
Jules point out the error you have (made):
-----
> check: no loaded plugin implements 'check_main': cannot scan! at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line
> 164.

You have screwed your /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.pre files. The following
lines must appear in v320.pre, as well as a whole load of other
loadplugin lines:

# Check - Provides main check functionality
#
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check

Otherwise SpamAssassin won't actually do anything!
-----

So just see to it that you set that loadplugin line in one of your
.pre files and you'll be fine... Hm, wait... Seems that your
commandline SA lint actually manage to load that... So then it is only
when run from within MailScanner... Do you by any chance run Postfix?
If so, could you try that SA lint as your postfix user (Do "su -
postfix -s /bin/bash" to get a valid shell...)? Does that show the
same error? If so, your PF user likely can't get at the
/etc/mail/spamassassin/* files, for some reason.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn