Email filtering by attachments

Noam Kleiman noam.kleiman at quiminet.com
Wed Mar 12 01:16:44 GMT 2008

I’m filtering some extensions using the filename.rules.conf but I can only
allow or deny those emails. What I need is to redirect mails with certain
extensions to a specific mailbox.
For example I like to redirect all the mails delivered to a specific domain
with .avi attachments into a specific mailbox.

The single suggestion I have found is to assign a high spam score to the
email with the extension I want to redirect and then to set a rule for high
scoring emails from a specific domain to be redirected to a specific
account, but that account will receive all the high spam score and not only
the filtered by attachment.  Is there any way to have a forward rule for
emails with certain attachments?

Any other idea?  I have seen some suggestions to do it with Procmail but I
rather do it through Mailscanner.

believed to be clean.