MailScanner as content filter

Rose, Bobby brose at med.wayne.edu
Wed Mar 12 01:10:45 GMT 2008

In my case, I want the rule to apply to everyone.  The high score takes care of the non-whitelisted and the SA_RULENAME/Action pair takes care of the whitelisted messages.  In my case, I had phishing emails coming to users in my domain due to email forwarding that they have on the main campus mail system which had some whitelisting criteria that I needed to stop those phishing messages from getting thru.

You can change the score to whatever you want.  Make is 0.001 or something.  So long as MailScanner sees that it's been tripped it will apply the rule action based on your mailscanner criteria.  If you don't want the SA rule to trip on everyone then make up a meta rule

Example
header	__BOBBY_TEST_SUBJ	Subject =~/bobby test of email/i
header	__BOBBY_TEST_FROM	From =~ /\@server.local.net$/i
meta		BOBBY_TEST	( __BOBBY_TEST_SUBJ && __BOBBY_TEST_FROM )
score		0.01