conf file changes for multiple MailScanners

Vlad Mazek v at vladville.com
Fri Mar 7 14:15:22 GMT 2008

I am trying to run multiple MailScanner instances (different conf files) on
the same system and I was wondering if anyone had tried the same? The
specific question I have is in regard to the changes that need to be made to
the conf file in order to accomodate that, is it more than just the pid?

I have been able to launch them and run them simultaneously just by giving
each their own pid, but I'm experiencing a lot of crashing (as in the
process dies without leaving a trail in the logs) at random intervals. So
far nothing from strace or debug logs, it just vanishes.

Ghost Friday I guess :)

-Vlad