Cannot open config file --debug

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 22:26:50 GMT 2008

Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> server:/etc/MailScanner> MailScanner --debug --sa-debug
> Cannot open config file --debug, No such file or directory at
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 657.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 70.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 70.
>
> What is that?  MailScanner seems to be running fine... --lint and
> --debug does that.

This is a bug in some Perl versions' implementation of getopt. You just
need to run either
MailScanner /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf --debug --sa-debug
or
MailScanner --debug --sa-debug /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
One of them will work, I just can't remember which.

Note the new timestamps on all the debug output from SpamAssassin!
Perl's wonderful ability to be able to re-open stderr to a pipe so that
you can automatically run another program on the error output from your
own Perl program, without the user having to do anything clever on the
command-line at all. Dead cool :-)

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng