Ruleset-from-function Custom Function Broken??

Rose, Bobby brose at med.wayne.edu
Thu Mar 6 15:14:00 GMT 2008

Doe anyone know how this example is supposed to work?  I'm rtrying to
use it as a template but if I set
Virus Scanning =  &VirusScanning('%rules-dir%/virus.scanning.rules')
and don't change anything with Ruleset-from-function.pm  I start a
MailScanner process in debug

Can't use string ("/var/spool/mqueue.in") as an ARRAY ref while "strict
refs" in use at ./MailScannerTest line 1427.
 and I also see

Enabling SpamAssassin auto-whitelist functionality...

in the maillogs even though that isn't enabled in the MailScanner.conf
file

If I remove the Virus Scaning custom function and start in debug,
there's no error and no SA Autowhitelist message is logged.

I'm thinking something changed in Config.pm that breaks the calling of
rulesets external to config.pm

Any ideas?

Bobby