Queue problem

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 19:44:59 GMT 2008

On 05/03/2008, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> on 3-5-2008 10:48 AM Glenn Steen spake the following:
>
> > On 05/03/2008, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>  >> on 3-5-2008 8:26 AM Maxime Gaudreault spake the following:
>  >>
>  > (snip)
>  >>  > logfile                = /var/log/razor-agent.log
>  > (snip)
>  >>  > razorhome              = /etc/razor
>  > (snip)
>  >> OK. Maybe the /etc/razor directory doesn't have write access by whatever user
>  >>  calls razor. But it seems strange that razor can't write its cache, but can
>  >>  write to the logfile.
>  > Different directories might have something to do with that...
>  >
>  > Cheers
>
> Yeah. I was looking at mine when I wrote it. Mine has the log in the razor
>  home. Maybe it is time for me to update that so some log rotation takes place.
>  I suppose a temporary solution would be to chmod 777 /etc/razor and see if the
>  debug changes, although mine is at 755. But I'm running sendmail, so I don't
>  have to deal with the "intricacies" of postfix. I can't remember what MTA the
>  poster was running, or if it was even mentioned.

Maxime has asked a few questions regarding Postfix, so I'm guessing that:-).
And Maxime has set /etc/razor to 777 already, with little->no effect... Hm.

Maxime, could you do a quick test? Check as the postfix user that that
user can write to /etc/razor... Something like:
su - postfix -s /bin/bash
touch /etc/razor/somefile || echo "Ohoh"
should do the trick. Might be that perms on /etc foul things up.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn