Move MailScanner

Vlad Mazek v at vladville.com
Tue Mar 4 02:44:48 GMT 2008

I know you didn't ask, but I'm compelled to wonder why not move it to a
distribution that will be supported for about 5 years, CentOS? :)

In terms of backup, go to the new machine and install your AV, spamassassin,
etc, move over your passwords, users, mailboxes, etc. Install stock
MailScanner and all its dependancies. Then from the original system

tar czvf mailscanner-backup.tgz /etc/MailScanner /usr/lib/MailScanner

At the bare minimum you should move /etc/MailScanner but if you modified
your /etc/init.d/MailScanner or any custom functions in
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/ you gotta pack those too.

-Vlad