Clamav Ping Timeout During Update

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Mon Mar 3 22:31:30 GMT 2008

Are you running clamavmodule as well as clamd (accidentally or otherwise)?
If you are turn one off, you don't want ClamAVModule and clamd both.
MailScanner --lint should tell you if it's calling both.

If not using the perl module you should not be tracking the clam databases
within MailScanner as they have no meaning at all. Look for "Monitors for
ClamAV Updates" in MailScanner.conf and get remove the information relating
to the databases. It would be a question for Julian as to why MailScanner
would be watching those files if clamavmodule is not in use. Also, the Clamd
ping timeout is 90 seconds, that is a long, long time. I cannot imagine why
it would take that much time to connect. Using TCP or Unix sockets? Anything
odd in the clamd logs? This should only happen if you can connect to clamd
but it fails to return anything at all within the 90 seconds (even
jibberish)

Rick

believed to be clean.