Move MailScanner

Mike Watson mikew at crucis.net
Mon Mar 3 00:16:28 GMT 2008

Some more info on f-prot being recognized but not working.  Some points.

1. If I remove clamav and just leave f-prot, the eicar test passes
through undetected.
2. F-prot is found by Mailscanner and logged as such in maillog.
3. I removed f-prot 4.6.8 completely and re-installed from newly
downloaded .rpm.  Same symptoms, recognized but apparently not being
executed.
4. F-prot works manually when executed from the command line and
detected an embedded eicar string.

I've had my MS.conf and spammassass..conf files checked by a third party
on a CentOS system and the configs work properly on that system.

I downloaded F-Prot-6 but F-prot 6 and F-prot 4 are mutually
incompatible. I found that out the hard way and I'm fixing that now.

Any further thoughts from anyone?

Mike W

  -- William Kershner

Mike Watson wrote:
> I just rebuilt mine from scratch and moved the e-mail accounts over.
> Other than my issue with f-prot not working, it was pretty much cookie
> cutter.
>
> Mike W
>
> --
>
> "Lose not thy airspeed, lest the ground rises up and smites thee."
>  -- William Kershner
>

> Maxime Gaudreault wrote:
>>
>> Excellent question !
>>

>> I was wondering that too
>>

>> *Maxime Gaudreault*
>>
>> Technicien

>> Référence Systèmes inc.
>>
>> Tél. : 418.650.0997
>>
>> Téléc. : 418.650.9668
>>
>> Courriel : _mgaudreault_ at reference.qc.ca
>> <mailto:mgaudreault at reference.qc.ca>
>>
>> Site Internet : http://www.reference.qc.ca/

dangerous content by MailScanner at CYGNI, and is
believed to be clean.