Can't install CentOS 5.2 update?

Henry Kwan lists at designmedia.com
Thu Jun 26 22:50:14 IST 2008

Randal, Phil <prandal <at> herefordshire.gov.uk> writes:

> Don't panic:
>
> First off, make sure you have the latest MailScanner to hand to
> reinstall.
>
> service MailScanner stop
> service MailScanner startin
>
> rpm -e perl-IO
> rpm -e perl-Math-BigInt
> rpm -e perl-Math-BigRat
> rpm -e perl-bignum
>
> (and any other perl modules it complains about)
>
> yum update perl
>
> ... Reinstall MailScanner
>
> service MailScanner restart
>
> yum upgrade

Hmmm...  Took another look at the test box install log and noticed that once the
upgrade happened, there was a failure at perl-Storable.

---snip---
t/weak................Weak references are not implemented in the version of perl
at t/weak.t line 28
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/weak.t line 33.
t/weak................dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t/weak.t     255 65280    ??   ??       %  ??
1 test skipped.
Failed 1/32 test scripts, 96.88% okay. 0/2190 subtests failed, 100.00% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
---snip---

But I guess it's not a big deal since perl-Storable was previously installed
already.  Also, cpan was borked and would not update itself (install
Bundle::CPAN).  But both items were resolved when I reinstalled
Scalar-List-Utils-1.19.

Weird.