batch processing tmes

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Tue Jun 24 07:31:20 IST 2008

On 23 Jun 2008, at 21:34, Dave Filchak wrote:

> Martin,
>
> We are only using zen.spamhaus.org. Should I be using something else?

But where are you using just the zen list? If it's at your MTA, well
that's fine and will have taken some load off MS but SA does many,
many (I haven't been excited enough to count them all!) RBL, SURBL etc
look ups by default along with razor & pyzor tests. Any one of these
could be slow or just you have a slow DNS server. As was once said,
any caching DNS server running on a SpamAssassin box is a busy caching
server. Check the wiki (As mentioned already) for other ideas and run
a few batches in debug to see where the delay is but to be honest 30
seconds really is not too bad, I can not believe any one notices
anything other than a reduced level of spam?

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by Technology Tiger's Mail Launder system <www.mail-launder.com>

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ