HTML images are being removed

Richard Frovarp richard.frovarp at sendit.nodak.edu
Mon Jun 23 15:02:37 IST 2008

Richard Frovarp wrote:
> I'm having a problem where the img tag in HTML messages is being
> removed. I'm using clamd 0.92.1, SA 3.2.5, and MS 4.70-6.1. What is
> interesting is they aren't being replaced with anything, they're just
> being completely removed.
>
> I do have this set in MS, plus I would expect it to replace, not remove:
> Allow WebBugs = yes
>
> Anyone have any ideas? I did switch to clamd from clamavmodule, so
> that may have something to do with it.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
Okay, it's not clamd. I turned it off and I have the same problem. SA
shouldn't mess with, well anything. So it would appear that something
changed in MS between 4.61.7 and 4.70.6. I've got a diff between what
the MailScanner.conf file looked like before and after the upgrade. I
don't see anything in there that would explain this behavior.