smtp map to other port

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Sat Jun 21 14:44:37 IST 2008

Jan Agermose wrote:

> Hi
>

> when using Mailscanner (or maybe its actually sendmail) I set up a
> rule that says where to deliver the mails after beeing scanned. But
> what if port 25 is blocked on the remote server - can I add a "port"
> number somehow to have it delivered on port 366 or something like that?
>

> Regards
>
> Jan

> dangerous content by the *Inexcom* <http://www.inexcom.co.uk/> system
> scanner,
> and is believed to be clean.
> Advanced heuristic mail scanning server [0].
You can modify which port sendmail listens on in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
with the

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,......

line but this is not what you want as this changes the in bound port.
You can add further instances of this to add listening on more ports
simultaneously

If you are using mailertables of the type:
farrows.org     smtp:mail.farrows.org

You can add a custom service name in /etc/services

and then add an entry:

domainname.com            customservicenamehere:server.todeliverto.com

I have never tried this but it might work...

Pete

dangerous content by the Inexcom system Scanner,
http://www.inexcom.co.uk